Knittymama

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Joining

Thanks for all your nice comments on the shawl and wishes of health for my Grandfather. Pops is doing much better and home with my Grandmother. We are pretty much rested up from our big weekend and I'm a bit mixed up knitwise. It feels so, so good to finish up a big project, but then there is that misdirected feeling when you're just not sure what to do next. Where am I anyway?

I'm about six inches from the front panel og the garter stitch baby sweater. That's gotta get done. I really should get back to my raglan too. It's never ever seen this blog it's so old, but it only needs sleeves. The boys need hats and mittens. But then there are distractions you see, because I've been joining....

I'm already in Sock-a-Month 2. I finished one pair in September. I've got one purple sock to knit, and one and a half to go on the Angel's Peak socks. Both fit in with Socktoberfest perfectly, which I just joined, so I'm thinking I should really just get going on that. But there are distractions, you see.

I've joined Zimmermania. I've yet to knit anything EZ inspired, and I saw this KAL and had to give it a go. But I have no clue what to do for it, I just know it can't be complicated for now. Mittens, maybe?

I've also purchased the yarn for the Stitch Diva Simple Knitted Bodice. I've yet to join this KAL because I'm not sure how soon I'll really get to this sweater. But I've got 12 skeins of Knitpicks Andean Silk in lettuce waiting for me, so we'll see.

To top it all off, there is Knittybaby's heart blankie to get going on; I just have to plan out the squares. Oh, and sweaters for the boys by Christmas. A million other KAL's that look like fun, and don't even get me thinking about the sewing. I love the internet bacause there is so much great stuff out there, but at the same time, there is so much great stuff out there. One at a time I guess. The good news is that there is more sleep going on in this house, which means more time to knit, sew, and hopefully get caught up on all those thank you notes I keep trying to finish up.

Speaking of stuff I keep trying to get to, I totally forgot to finish up SP8. I wrapped up who my pal was (thanks again Christine!), but totally forgot to mention who I got to spoil! So be sure to go visit Suz over at Swankyhanks. She is a lovely person who blogs together with her daughters, and she just started weaving too... (please Suz, don't tempt me with that weaving stuff anymore, okay? I can barely handle all this!)

Enjoy this beautiful, beautiful Saturday!

|