Knittymama

Monday, August 28, 2006

So much to say...

...and so little time! Here goes, many posts that should have been longer and seperated all now crammed into one:

1. The TC Knit picnic on Sunday was a blast! The Husband With No Nickname (thanks for all the funny suggestions, by the way. I'll pick something soon, I promise:-) took Little Man and Knittybaby on numerous walks which left me lots of time to knit with all sorts of wonderful knitters:



Chris over at Stumbling Over Chaos was on top of things and has a great list of all the bloggers there. Since this is the abbreviated post, I'll just direct you to her. It was fun to finally meet so many of the bloggers I've been in touch with as well as those who frequent the list. Now if I could just make it to a knitting night!

2. I think the Harlot trip may be a go! You guys are encouraging, and you're right, she loves babies!

3. My scatteredness (can that be a word?) is the result of my return to work. I wasn't going to go, but decided I'd better stay with the school district for the great health insurance plan, as opposed to the "try-to-buy-your-own-for-your-kid-with-a-heart-defect-route." Mr. No-Name works for a small business w/out insurance, but he also has flexible hours. So, I'm going part time, the boys are still at home full time, and I have to refresh myself on elementary school music. I'm excited about the school, but I teach 15 classes in 2 1/2 days, pre-school to 5th grade. This is a MAJOR mental switch from 8 years of middle school and high school band. I'm freaking, just a bit. OK, a lot!!!

4. I'm sewing:


That is, in fact, his Robot-Boy cape. Little Man discovered it also makes a great dancing skirt. I've got lots more squares all wonder-undered and ready to applique to some more shirts for both boys.

5. Knittybaby's cardiologist appt on Friday, short version:Heart defect is no worse, he's developing perfectly, don't even have to go back for five months, could even be a couple years until surgery. Yay!!!! Now if he'd only nap more than 20 minutes...

6. I'm tagged: (from Catherine:-)

1. Grab the nearest book. Don't think, just the nearest book...
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog (Please include the book and author) along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag three people.

Okay, the nearest book is "There's a Wocket in My Pocket" by Dr. Seuss, and it has no page 123. Next nearest (because Little Man threw it the other day.....something about how I'm mean because he can't have gum for breakfast) is Anne Lamott's "Blue Shoe."

She went to Smith. I don't even think Yvonne went to junior college. She's Why Abby ran away.

Anne Lamott rocks, by the way. I still haven't read this one though. Since I'm being quick, I'll tag the first three people who would like to be tagged! Yeah, I know, easy way, heh heh heh.

Phew, I think that's everything. Oh, I'm now one side-panel from a completed baby shawl. Only 28 days until the baptism. Will I make it?

|