Knittymama

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Pictures!

Finally, my SP8 photos:
Isn't the Handmaiden lovely? The sheen to the blues is so nice, I wish I could have taken better pictures. I can't wait until it's cool enough to get Knitybaby in his socks! Notice the chocolate is missing. Goodies like that don't last long around me!

Here's a close-up of the buttons:
I love these, and they will be perfect for the sweater I want to make for Little Man this fall. He loves airplanes, so he's pretty psyched about them.

I forgot to mention in my last post about the Washington County Fair we stumbled onto last weekend. We took the boys around to see the animals and met a woman who's llama had a lot more personality than she did. Little Man kept asking her questions and she totally blew him off. I get so angry when that happens. He was being very polite and sweet (he wanted to know if llamas like ice cream) and she acted like she couldn't wait for us to leave. Luckily I think my feelings were more hurt about it than his, but really, is it that much work to be nice to a little kid?

We came across the knitting entries and these were my favorites:



I wish I had a better shot of the sweater but I couldn't avoid the glare. The hat is handspun, very nice colors.

As for knitting, I may be nuts, but I signed up for Knittin' Mom's Sock-a-Month KAL. I doubt I'll finish a pair a month, but it's still a good incentive! I'm also on the homestretch for the heirloom baby shawl, which needs to be done by Knittybaby's baptism in 6 weeks. I've also got his heart blanket design close to being worked up.

|