Knittymama

Friday, July 28, 2006

Introductions over, let's play!

Amazingly, for awhile yesterday we were the only ones at the park. Little Man was pretty bummed about this, so when a new girl showed up with her mom, he was on the scene:

Little Man: Hi.
Park Girl: I'm five.
Little Man: I'm three
Park Girl: I'm gonna be six.
Little Man: I'm gonna be eight. (Park Girl seemed confused but hey, it's true evtually)
Park Girl:I have new shoes, they're pink.
Little Man I have new shoes too.
Park Girl: I'm a girl.
Little Man: Oh. I'm a boy.

Once they got all the necessary information out of the way they were best friends for the next hour, giving me necessary chill time while Knittybaby snoozed. The bib is nearly done, modeling shots soon.

We had a relaxing long weekend at the farm back in Central Wisconsin:

I love the view out there. One thing about the city is you never get a nice view of the horizon, there's always something in ther way.

This: (what is with my crap photos lately? The lighting is terrible.)

Became this, my first short row heel:

I can't say enough great things about this yarn, Spunky Eclectic sportweight in Chocolate Covered Cherries. The color is amazing and the yarn is so soft and springy; I can't wait for Fall so I can wear these. Service was fast and excellent, and she has sales right now too!

The yarn is great, my heel is not. I just took the pattern with me and had no real reference for how to do a backwards yarnover, so I've got these holes now (can you see 'em?). I already had to do the toe three times and the heel twice. Once I got home and looked it up I think I know where I went wrong, but I'm still debating on whether to frog it again. With the boys my knitting time is precious and I have so many other things to work on....ugh, do I just sew over it to tighten it up, or do the right thing and go back? Please tell me I don't have to go back.

The sock went to the Barnstormers Tour in Wausau, WI and admired a Waco. Hubby is still working on his sock photography. Knittybaby kindly did the sling sleepin' thing for me the whole time we were there, and Little Man was busy with Grandma so it was a nice afternoon.

Oh, and somehow I missed this in my last post, but here's my cute little book that I won over at Interval Crafting. You really should check out her Etsy shop; she's got some cute stuff! (I plan on doing a little holiday shopping there myself.) Thanks again, Jennifer!


|