Knittymama

Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm in love....

...with my new Huskystar!

It's a beginner's machine from Husqvarna. I've been researching a new machine since I've decided that my alley-found machine is unfortunately a dud. I wasn't planning on buying it today, but it was only $199 and the boys were being so good I decided to get it while I had the chance. We had La Leche League tonight so I haven't even had the time to get it out of the box yet, but I'm pretty excited to get started.

I've also received a box of books from Crafter's Choice. I joined up with them, and I feel guilty about it. I really try to support my LYS and local book stores, but sometimes there are so many books I'd like to pick up but don't have the cash. Their introductory offer of four books for a dollar each is hard to pass up. So I got:

The Happy Hooker (yup, Grandma Tillie, I'm gonna crochet!)
Sensational Knitted Socks
The Knitting Answer Book
Inspired Cable Knits
Yarn Girls Guide to Beyond the Basics

all for $25, with one more book to buy.

I am so close to finishing the toe on my Jang cotton/wool sock. Maybe tonight, if Knittybaby decides he'll sleep for me.

Glad you all enjoyed my bat drama. Rabies was one of the things that freaked me out as a rabid bat was found in a nearby park a few years ago. I actually managed to coax Basil upstairs so I could make her hide out in the bedroom with Arthur. She was not thrilled when she realized she'd left the bat downstairs!

|