Knittymama

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Secret Pal and the Mailman

I am really starting to dislike my mailman. First, he sort of forgot to let me know he was trying to deliver a package from Valkyrie Knit This for the GPA craft fair, and it was nearly returned and got to me two weeks late. Now, it turns out he gave my last SP9 package to the wrong person, who was luckily not a knitter and sent it back to my pal. He gives me the wrong mail at least every couple of weeks. I want my old mail lady back!

Anyway, I am planning on stalking him as I am waiting for this to arrive. Are you in as much shock as I am? The coolest contest ever and I won!! Poor April has had some bad luck lately though, so send her some get well soon thoughts while you're over at her blog.

On to Secret Pal 10. I got a lovely note from my new pal. Here are my answers to the questions for this round. And I might just need to have a chat with my mailman about my important yarn packages that frequently arrive at this house.

1.What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love wool and other animal fibers, or any natural fibers in general. Totally not an acrylic kind of girl. A little microfiber in a nice blend (a la Rowan or Debbie Bliss) is fine.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I've been making my own needle cases lately.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Just about 4 years now, from my friend, my Grandma, and all you online lovlies out there. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I'd say intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yup.

5. What's your favorite scent? Anything all natural. Citrus or lavendar. And it's got to be really all natural, lilke from a coop or something. Anything else gives me a whopping headache.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate:-) Dark, milk, nuts. I love it all!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I spin and sew. I'm trying to crochet but it's not going well!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Indie, classical, jazz, folk, world. Yup to MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Pinks and blues with brown, bright colors, really anything except baby pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married with two little boys. I have two cats and a greyhound.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to everything but the ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, sweaters, hats, mittens, bags....depends on my mood.

13. What are you knitting right now? A diaper soaker, a baby sweater, socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? You know, I pretty much use them all. Depends on the yarn, although I do really like Addis.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3 years

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? Aside from yarn, books and fabric, I'm an anti-collector. I keep trying to avooid having too much stuff, although it doesn't seem to work very well!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? All of the latest Interweave books: Lace Style, No Sheep, Socks...I subscribe to Interweave Knits, Vouge Knits, and Knit Simple.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm hoping to get moving on soem lace for my next project.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. I'm an average size 8.

23. When is your birthday? March 29.

Thanks in advance SP10!!! I'm excited for another fun round.

The raglan pics are coming. I decided this sweater is more deserving of nice pictures taken by The Skeptic rather than a crappy self portrait.

Labels:

|