Knittymama

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Am I the only knitter in the Twin Cities not here this weekend?

I prefer to avoid the Wasteland, I mean the Mall of America, at all costs. The Skeptic will only go if he's been tricked by well meaning relatives who think "you can't come to the Twin Cities and not go!" (Yes you can. It's a mall. It's big. It's loud. It has a roller coaster in the middle. That's it.) I will only go when I need a specific item and absolutely cannot find it anyplace else closer, and I definitely will not go there with both boys by myself. I did that once for Little Man's Crocs and it took me 24 hours to recouperate. I know I sound crabby about it and some people love it, but well, the place makes me crabby. 'Nuf said.

So while it would be fun to be completely surrounded by knitters and all things knitting, and I'm a little bummed I'm missing some of the events, it's just not worth the trouble today. So instead, I'm home, winding yarn and getting excited for what will truly be the biggest knitting event here ever. Now that will be a gathering not to be missed!

Labels:

|