Knittymama

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Valentine's Day?

Yeah, our Valentine's decorations are a little bit late. But, I'm pleased that I stuck it out and finished this little garland up.

The lighting wasn't so hot and I had a hard time getting a good shot. But they look beautiful hanging by the window and I'll leave them up until Easter, to add a bit of color to the house. Lately I'm wishing for the house to be filled with color. It feels so blah lately....

The heart garland is a kit from Anna Maria Horner. This was a perfect practice project for me. Practice in using my rotary cutter for more than straight lines (easy!) and having to sew curves (HARD!) although I got better.

The big trouble was my sewing machine. All of a sudden it wouldn't bring up the bobbin thread. I messed with it for an hour and gave up. The suggestion at Mom's Night last evening was to change my needle and wind a new bobbin. Those mamas are smart, it did the trick and the garland was finished last evening.


Now for a little envy: SOCK CLUB!!!


I joined one at Spunky Eclectic. I love her colors and you join on a month to month basis, which I like. The one for February is called Forecast.


Considering we're swamped with snow here, it's perfect. We're gonna hunker down for the next day and enjoy a nice snowstorm!

And just because there's always room for a good laugh at the end of a post, guess what Little Man called me this morning? "Friggin' Mom. Friggin, friggin Mom!" He did not like the lack of chocolate in his breakfast options. Apparently the Skeptic and I have not cleaned up our vocabulary quite enough.

Labels: , , ,

|