Knittymama

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Out with the old.....

I can hardly believe how fast this year has flown by. Last time at this year, I was on bedrest, cranking out the baby knits and hoping all those early contractions would slow down so I could just get up. They did, thankfully; I was able to get back to normal and Knittybaby hung in there until just a few days before his due date in March.

I'm actually pretty amazed at how much I managed to knit with a new baby and three year old to care for. I learned how to knit while nursing (hint: use a sling and circular needles!) and knit with a sleeping baby on my lap. I managed to plow through lots of little things this year: socks, dishcloths, scarves, hats, baby sweaters, but no grand scale knitting other than the baby shawl. So my knitting plans for this year (I hesitate to say resolutions) will be to knit (and finish up!) more large scale projects such as sweaters, blankets and shawls and to knit more socks up. A few that stand out are:

1. Knittybaby's heart blankie. After his last cardio appointment it seemed like it could be quite awhile before he has to have his surgery, but I do want it done when that day comes.

2. My raglan sweater just needs sleeves and the neck.

3. My Color on Color scarf, while still a scarf, is definetly a large scale project that's been dragging on two years now.

4. The Simple Knitted Bodice.

5. A lace scarf for starters then on to a shawl. Suggestions ofr a favorite lace book?

6. Little Man's afghan. I've decided to make it a blanket rather than afghan, 34 squares rather than 68. I've got 8 squares done.

Other plans:
1. Pick one night a week for spinning and one night a week for sewing. Knittybaby is sleeping well enough in the evenings that I should be able to do that. Let's say that Mondays are for spinning and Tuesdays are for sewing.

2. Try my hand at some dying.

3. Take some classes at the Textile Center and buy a membership.

So there, that's 2007 for me!!!

Can you guess what this is?

I am slooooow at colorwork. We're talking a good 10 hours of work here. I'm not joking. I can not find a rhythm. Suggestions?

Well, I've got a house to clean. We've got little people and grown ups coming over to ring in the new year with us and I'm excited to entertain. I wish all of my blog friends a blessed and wonderful 2007!

|