Knittymama

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Blessed

Christmas was lovely...


Little Man was thrilled, Knittybaby was teething yet thrilled nontheless, and Molly the cat only hissed at me once in five days:


We had such a nice visit with my parents, grandparents, and brother, and Knittybaby's first Christmas was a wonderful day! The only downer was that some incredibly nasty person stole my brother's I-Pod and laptop out of his car on Saturday night. Amazingly they decided to leave the Christmas presents in his back seat. I felt so bad for him, as my little brother is the absolutely nicest guy, yet he's one of those people who always runs into bad luck. I was so sad for him. Aside from that, it was a fantastic weekend.

We decided to risk being in the middle of nowhere with crabby boys and took the very scenic route home through Minnesota. We've lived here now for nine years and have seen relatively little of the state.


We're talking county roads here. We got lost at least three times and I had to give the map up to the Skeptic.


It was a beautiful drive and the boys slept the entire time. Four and a half hours of quiet.


Home again and enjoying gifts, Little Man is in his shiny new knight's cape. He calls himself "Changing Man." We have no idea what that means except that he runs around the house until he's too tired and has to fall down. We dig Changing Man.

Beautiful handmade gifts:

The hat was a gift from the Skeptic. He purchased it at the Textile Center's holiday gift sale. The clutch was from my brother and is handmade by his girlfriend's good friend. Called Sinister Bags (I love that name), she sells them here.

The hat is beautiful, a 1920's style, and reversible:


The clutch is tough yet pretty, I love it and was actually hoping for one after Angie told me her friend sold them. I had been eyeing them up at Craft-O-Rama. Look at the detailing inside:


The boys gave me yarn:

I was also lucky enough to get Amy Butler's In Stitches, Shannon Okey's Spin to Knit, and Ellen Ann Geisel's The Apron Book, as well as a huge cutting mat and ruler, and a thread box and notions.

I knit two gifts: a hat for my brother which I forgot to get a picture of, and hand mitts for the Skeptic. He wants to get an action shot of them. In true Skeptic fashion he told me they were "nice, but slippery."

I have some new knitting and a meme to do, but I'll save those for another day. In the meantime, I'll remind you to try to get in at least one little "Cap to the Capital." It's so important to give these little ones a voice. Mail them by January second:


I'm full of pictures today. I'll say goodnight and leave you with some Little Man art:

The chicken:

Untitled:

|