Knittymama

Thursday, October 19, 2006

I love swaps!!

Look what arrived!!!

My Knitflix package was on my doorstep yesterday. A very welcome distraction for a challenging afternoon. My swap partner, Cecily, did an awesome job of putting together a package!

Mostly Martha couldn't be a more perfect movie: A German flick that involves food and romance. Can't beat that! I'll be watching it this weekend, enjoying my yummy treats and some incredible yarn. Cecily, you totally read my mind. I've been meaning to try Panache from Knitpicks. Even better, the colors are perfect for the boys. I see new hats on the horizon. I'm beginning to realize, especially with two kids now, you can never have too many hats and mittens. Thank you so much Cecily, you did a great job and I love my package!



I'm getting started on my first SP9 package to send out. I really do love these swaps. I love trying to figure out the perfect package to send, and it's so nice to get spoiled myself, getting a chance to try things I might not normally think of or never get the chance to pick up. There are so many fun swaps to do, but I was thinking last night, has anyone ever seen a Knitters coffee swap? I've seen tea, chocolate, but not coffee. How can there not be a coffee swap? I was thinking, if there wasn't one already maybe I'd host one, but it could turn into one of those "what was I thinking I don't have time for this" things. Hmmmm......but a coffee swap......anyone think there is actually enough interest out there? Lemme think about it.

On to Socktoberfest. Mountain Peaks sock #1 done (except for grafting).

Don't you hate that no matter how you take your sock photos, your leg seems to double in size?

A close up:
Sorry Gracie, it was the only halfway sunny spot in the house.

|