Knittymama

Friday, October 27, 2006

Oh, crap.

Literally.

I love this dog. But Gracie, shall we say, has had some intestinal issues this past year that results in some unpleasant surprises in the morning. She is much too ladylike to do something like bark and whine when she needs emergency use of the facilities in the middle of the night. She knows we needs our sleep, so she politely poops on the carpet, or by the back door, or on our shoes. We've tried telling this sweet girl it is much more rude to poop in someone's shoe than it is to wake them up, but she persists. Needless to say, yesterday there was another surprise for us, which meant another trip to the vet for complete bloodwork this time. Possible diagnosis may be irritable bowel syndrome. Hopefully we can figure it out soon, because she feels bad, we're sick of the messes, and my mom wants her carpet shampooer back one of these days.

The Knitters Coffee Swap is going to be a blast. These knitters are serious about their coffee, and I'm looking forward to seeing what these swappers put together. Haven't signed up yet? There are still spots left, to get your coffee-lovin'-self over here and send me your info.

Socktoberfest? Remember how I said I'd finish up two pairs of socks and you all politely said to me that maybe it was a bit much (and at home said to yourself "That chick is nuts if she thinks she'll knit two and a half socks in a month with two little boys.") Okay, the idea was nuts, but, it looks like one pair might be finished by the 31st. Six more rows and I'm ready for the heel. Thank you boys for sleeping this month!

Now if I only had a nice Oktoberfest brew (beer this time, not coffee) to go with it I'd be a happy girl. Maybe the Skeptic will bring some home. Have a great weekend!

|