Knittymama

Friday, June 03, 2005

Seasons

Have I mentioned that I just do NOT like knitting with cotton? Well, I'm barely into my summer knitting and I'm already sick of it. It slides all over, and the Cotton Twist I'm using keeps splitting it's twist right off. I want to get into some wool, but it hit 80 yesterday, and I need my summer wears done. Plus, I love the feel of the fabric as it is knit up, so I just stick with it.

80 degrees is also the signal that it's time to wash all my wool knits and pack them away. Trouble is I now have a huge pile of scarves and hats in my closet that need hand washing. I suck as getting anything hand washable done; the items usually sit on my closet floor for weeks, sometimes even months. I have seriously been planning on getting to them, but Little Man has decided that 2 year olds really shouldn't be tired until about 10pm, which is also my cut off point for work. Whatever hasn't been done can wait until tomorrow; its my BBC/knitting time. But with the later bedtime (and believe me, we've been trying to get him to sleep earlier!) I'm not getting much else done around the house. So I choose to knit with pain in the butt cotton and wartch the adventures of Hyacinth and Thermo-man and pray that the moths haven't found my closet floor yet!

|