Knittymama

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Pictures soon!

I picked up a camera last night. No, not a real digital one yet, just a disposable for now, but at least it will get me started until we decide what kind of brand to get. Anyone have a preference? Our big hang up is that since we have a toddler, the trouble w/ most digitals is that you have that little pause before you take a shot. Which means that we miss a lot of good shots. Now, some have the "burst shot" which sounds like that problem is eliminated a bit, but we still need to do some looking around before we buy.

I still didn't get done with the hat for SIL's baby shower this weekend, and I still have one sock to go. I was down to about ten more rows when LIttle Man woke up. He seems to know when I'm just about done knitting for the night, and then wakes up ten minutes before I'm done - and Daddy just won't do. So off to bed I went. So for the hat, maybe tonight!

I saw the Color by Color scarf at one of my fave yarn shops last night, wow, was it beautiful! It was also gratifying to see that I am on the right track with the first ten sections. The fair isle section is a bit intimidating, so it was good to be able to see it all put together. The scarf was't as big as I thought it would be. They were pretty busy, so I didn't ge the chance ot ask about guage or needle size (which has been a big problem for a lot of knitters with this scarf). I ended up knitting it on 6's. I'll be interested to see how it compares.

|