Knittymama

Friday, June 30, 2006

We've got knitting AND goodies!

More thanks for all the kind words, you guys are great! I've been coping better the last few days and trying not to dwell on it. I am excited about the blanket. Just the planning of it alone has been helpful. It makes me feel like I can do something for him when everything else is really outside of my control. Plus it will be something special for him when he's older. In the meantime I'll keep you posted on how he's doing. (Brendaskt, would you mind e-mailing with me about the U of M hospital? I'd love to hear more. knittymama at yahoo dot com)

Now, onto the goodies! SP8 sent me a wonderful package today!!

Little Man helped me open it. Inside we found some Mango Moon recycled silk yarn, which I've always wanted to try! The colors are so beautiful in it and I can't wait to see how it knits up. We also found some adorable socks for Knittybaby (trying on picture to come later as he was asleep when we opened it), a dark chocolate bar, chocolate wafers (love these!) and some candies. Then we found something very cool, a baby bonsai tree to grow! Little Man and I got started on that right away and the seeds are germinating as we speak.
Thank you so much SP8!!! You totally made my day! :-)

Moving on, we have a baby bib from Mason-Dixon knitting in a blue varigated and red Sugar and Cream yarn (already well used)


An in-progress bib in Knitpicks cotton (trust me, this kid needs a lot of bibs!!)


And, it's starting to look like a sweater!!!!


Edited to add: Does anyone see the painful error on that front half?? In my coffee-clear head this morning I just realized (after knitting two more inches) I forgot a set of decreases under the arm. This is the second time I"ve had to do some MAJOR ripping on this sweater, grrrrr!

Hubby's comment: "Don't you check that stuff? "

Ummmm, yeah, all the time.

|