Knittymama

Monday, June 26, 2006

Thank you!!

Wow! Thank you so much for all the kind notes. Reading them over the week has made me feel so much better...it is so nice to know that you guys are thinking of us as we go through all of this.

I've been reading a lot about congenital heart defects this past week and have been learning a lot. Some of it good, in that Knittybaby's defect could have been a lot worse compared to some of them out there, and I am thankful for that. But some of it is scary, as I've read stories of children where it was thought it would be one simple surgery, but they found other defects as well. I'm trying not tot think of those stories too much! A lot of it is just overwhelming, as I realize this will follow him his entire life, even with a successful surgery. Plus there is the waiting. Will he have surgery in three months? Six months? Who knows...

I'm planning a blanket for him. Blue squares, in different shades, about three by three. Some of the squares will have hearts on them. I'm going out this week to try and decide on the yarn. Now I think I'm down to Thaki Cotton Classic, Mission Falls 1824 cotton, and the big splurge, Manos cotton.

My coffee is calling me. Thank you again, your words mean A LOT! :-)

|