Knittymama

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Finally: Shepherd's Harvest Update

Wow, it's been quite the hectic week, and still kind of is, so here is my abbreviated Shepherd's Harvest report!

We had a pretty wet, icky day. Little Man was still in a mood, Hubby threw out his back and was walking around like an old man, I was coming down with a cold. Plus, it was cold and rainy. Knittybaby was the only one who was happy and well all afternoon. But of course, he was asleep most of the time! :-)

We had fun visiting all the animals, which was Liitle Man's best part of the day. The llamas were his favorite. After the animals, Hubby took Little Man and a giant bag of kettle corn back to the car to relax and settle down while I shopped with Knittybaby, who pretty much slept in his sling the whole time. Then it was back to the vendors for a little face painting and then we went home.

So what did I bring back? The pictures don't do the yarn justice. It's been so gloomy lately. But, I got:
Handspun, handpainted sock yarn and merino handpainted from Sandy's Palette out of Madison. She was so nice and had a lot of lovely colors. Today Little Man took the merino and said, "Look, it's blue, and brown, please make something for me..."

"What should I make you?"

"A tiger mask!"

Ummm, okay. Suggestions, anyone? I'm guessing he'll forget about it tomorrow so I'm not too worried:-)

Moving on:

From Blackberry Ridge, 2 skeins of their Kalidoscope and 1 skein of fingering weight.

Lastly, I've got a skein of Alpaca handspun from Anne's Fiber Expressions (no web site) of Monticello, WI. It is so soft! 600 yards. What should I do?

Also fun:I ran into a couple bloggers. First Kate, who I had a really nice chat with. She got to meet Knittybaby, but Little Man was still off eating popcorn. I also ran into Jess. We met a few years ago when our first children were born and hadn't seen each other for awhile, but we've both been reading each other's blogs lately. Funny thing was, we weren't sure from reading each other's blogs that it was indeed the same person. Now we know it is! I missed meeting up with Chris, maybe next time!

All in all, despite the rain, sickies and crabbies, we still had a good time! :-) Wish I could go to more of these.

|