Knittymama

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blocking




So here is the center panel all blocked out. The shots are not the best, but for some reason Matt really wanted to take these pictures. He's been pretty funny about the fact that I keep a blog about knitting. He seems to go back and forth from thinking that his wife must surely be the biggest geek in the world, to being utterly fascinated with it. Personally, I think he's just jealous that he can't find any good homebuilt airplane blogs.

Anyway, if you enlarge the pictures you might be able to see my other big goof, that I realized too late to fix. Anyone notice where the ends are sewn in? I'm so used to the fact that when I knit I can pretty much weave them in anywhere, so I just change to a new ball of yarn whenever I run out. Big mistake, as with this stitch pattern they stick out like a sore thumb. If I had changed them at the end (God forbid, I might waste a half yard of yarn!) they would have blended in nicely when I sew the side panels on, but live and learn, right?

As for the side panels, I've got the first one cast on, and seeing that it is in seed stitch it's going pretty quickly, with the problem of the picot cast on, which took me TWO HOURS to do. Granted, it's the first time I've done that, but two hours? Sheesh. We are now about two weeks from the due date. Anyone care to place a bet on whether the baby actually comes home in this blanket? All I know is I'm having a very hard time staying focused, and awake!

|