Knittymama

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Finally, the Olympic report

I am writing this while under sheer exhuastion (my week is a story unto itself), so excuse my writing if it is not the most logical thing you've ever read. I figured despite my need for sleep I'd better get something up about the shawl status now that the Olympics are over.


As you can see, I'm definitely not finished. I was really hoping to at least have the center panel done by Sunday, and I came within a few inches of it, but not close enough. I'm bummed about not finishing, but hey, I have to admit I learned a lot through this process:

Despite the fact that I didn't finish, I can actually knit pretty fast when I want to.

When doing a piece that is not easily frogged back and picked up, take the time to check that you haven't messed up rather than blindly knitting on for inches and inches. (Like I did).

When you realize that you've made a mistake, it is actually worth it to tink it back, painful as it is, and fix the mistake. This was the first time I have ever done this and despite the fact that it cost me three nights of knitting, it was totally worth it to not have that ugly spot that would haunt me every time I wrapped my baby in the shawl. Plus, one just can't knit an heirloom with a ugly spot.What would my grandchildren think of me?

Finally, Addi's really ARE fast!

Congratulations to all of you who finished! I was impressed with fellow Minnesota knitter Coriknits. Did you see the list she got done?? Impressive! As for those of you who didn't finish, I hope you still got something good out of it. I'm already gearing up for summer 2008!!!

|